The Department of Mass Communications invites applications for a tenure-track Instructor/Assistant Professor of Mass Communications with expertise in Broadcast Journalism for the Fall 2023 semester.
The candidate should have completed a minimum of a master’s degree in broadcasting, video, journalism, mass communication or a closely related field and have teaching and industry experience in TV news broadcasting and sports. The incumbent must have experience with operating Tricaster technology and with leading live student field productions, in addition to leading, teaching, and mentoring a team of students to produce award-winning work in an energized TV studio environment.
The successful candidate will be involved in working with CU Panther Athletics for in-house sports productions and be able to support the overall mass communications curriculum, along with developing new courses. The candidate will supervise and support department production projects, facilities, and students.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a communication related field, prior college level teaching experience, and the potential to develop scholarly research and/or creative work. Candidates able to teach courses pertaining to multimedia news and production are highly preferred.
A Successful candidate should have the following:
• A distinguished career as a broadcast journalist, including a record of sustained excellence in the field.
• A masters degree is required; a doctorate is desirable but not required
• Ability to teach skills courses in television production not limited to TV Production I & II, Broadcast Writing and Reporting, Broadcast News Gathering and Reporting, and Sports Production.
• Experience with live studio and remote productions.
• Is courteous to and approachable by students.
• Inspires students to engage in subject matter.
• Plans for and is continually well prepared to teach.
• Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suites Software
• Experience with Logic Pro X Audio Editing Software is a plus.
Preferred: Preferred applicants will have the capacity to teach Adobe After Effects.
Application procedure: Applicants should send a letter of application, a current curriculum vita, unofficial copies of transcripts of all graduate work, a link to a portfolio of developed work, three current letters of recommendation and the addresses, telephone numbers and emails of at least three references professional references to
Dr. Luis C. Almeida
Interim Department Chair
Department of Mass Communications
400 Magnolia Street
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Email: email@example.com Office telephone: (803) 535-5520