Edit: Applications for the 2022-2024 Cohort are now due November 15! The deadline was extended.
Join a community of scholars dedicated to rethinking pedagogy, learning, research, and the role of higher education today.
Each year, around 100 new Scholars are accepted into a new 2-year cohort of the program. HASTAC Scholars come from dozens of disciplines and have been sponsored by over 200 colleges and universities ranging from small liberal arts colleges to large research universities.
New HASTAC Scholars will contribute to building a community that works at the intersection of technology and the arts, humanities, and sciences. HASTAC Scholars host online forums, organize collaborative book reviews, write blog posts, share their research and interests on scholar spotlight, participate in Digital Fridays (now Commons Fridays!), and much more. Selected HASTAC Scholars will participate in the program from December 2022 to December 2024.
What can you accomplish as a HASTAC Scholar?
- Blog about your own work and research projects, questions, ideas
- Report on activities at your local institution and department
- Share insights from conferences and performances
- Network both online and in-person meet-ups or conferences
- Conduct interviews, book reviews, project reviews—your status as a HASTAC Scholar can give you a sense of standing to reach out to major people in your field!
- Are you interested in a new tool or pedagogical idea? You could host a small video chat with other Scholars to work through how you can implement it!
- Other ideas: Create an app, coordinate the development of a small DH project, work with your university library on a digitization project, etc.
In short: every scholar ends up being active in a different way. We are open to how you want to help build this community or develop a supportive community on your campus!
Applications for the 2022-2024 Cohort are due