Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Lexington County, SC
Job Type: FTE – Full-Time
Agency: Midlands Technical College
Job Number: 3246
Closing: 9/23/2022 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: UG70
Position Number: 085841
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Varies depending on College needs
Pay Band: Unclassified
Opening Date: 09/02/2022
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures:
Qualified applicants must visit the SC State Jobs website at www.careers.sc.gov to complete and submit an on-line application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of applications. Transcripts must be submitted with the employment application when a degree is required. Copies of transcripts are accepted for screening; official transcripts are required if selected. With the online application, qualified applicants must also include 1) a cover letter discussing your qualifications and suitability for the position, 2) a CV/Resume, and 3) a one-page teaching philosophy.
Veteran Preference Statement: South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
- Job Responsibilities
- Currently teaches five sections of composition, literature and/or technical and professional communications in the Fall and Spring semesters, and other department courses as needed. Serves on college, school and department committees. Engages in professional development. Keeps office hours. Submits reports of instructional activities. Participates in collection of and analysis of data pertaining to student learning outcomes and competencies. Uses online platforms to enhance student learning. Assists with department and school student engagement initiatives.
Midlands Technical College is dedicated to providing excellent service to its students, employees, and the community.This position is located on the Airport or Beltline Campus in the School of English and Humanities.
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
- Master’s degree in English or a closely related discipline with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in English.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Degrees in Composition and Rhetoric, Writing Studies, and Technical and/or Professional Communication highly preferred. Demonstrated interest in teaching diverse student populations highly preferred. Demonstrated interest and expertise in teaching at a two-year college preferred.
- Additional Comments
- It shall be the policy of Midlands Technical College to make employment decisions (recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, training, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment) without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic group, color, age, religion, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, military service, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, or any other category protected by applicable law.
- State of South Carolina
- Midlands Technical College
- P.O. Box 2408Columbia, South Carolina, 29202
For more information about the position, or questions about the department or college, email firstname.lastname@example.org.